Our mission statement is 'To help our patients be as healthy as they can be'.
Welcome to Royton & Crompton Family Practice
With our 22,650 patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get well, Keep well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition. Our aim is 'To help our patients to be as healthy as they can be'.
In these unprecedented times demand for appointments is at its highest ever, the practice is looking at ways in which to make it easier for our patients to get through in different ways.
If you have not already registered for online access please follow the link
"GP Online Access" as you can do many things without having to call the practice.
The practice is receiving over 1800 calls per day many of which are COVID vaccine related. The practice will be in touch with any patient who is due the vaccine so please try not to call as this blocks the lines for those needing medical care.
Opting out of sharing your confidential patient information:
If you wish to prevent the NHS from sharing your data for planning and research purposes, as announced by the media on 02/06/21, you can do this in two ways;
1) Download and complete the 'Register your Type 1 Opt Out Preferences' form from this website and return to your GP practice by post or email. This prevents data being shared outside of the GP practice for purposes other than your own personal care.
2) Follow the link below to change your preferences online with NHS Digital (Opt Out Type 2). If you do not have internet access, please complete the 'Register your Type 2 Opt Out Preferences' form and return it to NHS Digital (as explained within the form). This prevents NHS Digital sharing your confidential information for planning and research purposes.
Royton & Crompton Family Practice are committed to following the Government Guidelines on Covid Restrictions. For the latest advise please visit www.oldham.gov.uk/coronavirus
Walk in Centre
Due to the pandemic, the Walk-in Centre (WiC) based at the Integrated Care Centre (ICC) on New Radcliffe Street remains closed until further notice to protect patients, staff and public.
The ICC now houses a COVID Assessment Centre which is open 8am until 8pm 7 days a week and cares for patients with potential COVID-19 symptoms. It also houses a Digital Hub which provides support to Oldham Care Homes and provides urgent care (within 2 hours) to patients referred to the service by a health and social care professional.
Both services are by appointment only following a referral from a healthcare professional or NHS111.
If we are unable to offer you an appointment but you require urgent medical attention, you should contact NHS111 and, depending on your situation you will:
- Find out what local service can help you
- connected to a nurse, emergency dentist, pharmacist or GP
- Get a face-to-face appointment if you need one
- Be given an arrival time if you need to go to A&E – this might mean you spend less time in A&E
- Be told how to get any medicine you need
- Get self-care advice
(Site updated 22/07/2021)